Volunteer Coordinator Message: 2016 Volunteer Sessions

Tuesday, January 26, 2016








We are VERY excited to announce our recently published 2016 Volunteer Session dates!

As many of you know, the Volunteer Program has undergone several changes over the last couple of months. Thank you for your continued patience, love and support so many of you have shown throughout this interesting time.

Are you having trouble deciding on whether to volunteer or not?

I’ve been in your position before—deciding whether or not to dedicate your time and resources to volunteering. I’ve been a volunteer before, many times before actually. In fact, Rising Star Outreach was my 4th International volunteer experience in addition to numerous domestic volunteering opportunities and assignments throughout my life. I don’t tell you this to brag or gloat, but rather to reassure you I know where you are coming from. I understand the hesitance and intimidation factor that sometimes comes with willingly signing up for a new experience that is more than a little out of your comfort zone.

I understand the mass of “stuff” you need to navigate while preparing all things needed for your trip—the doctor appointments, visa applications, turning this and that in, making arrangements with school, work, budget adjustments and fundraising. I understand seemingly endless flights, battling jet lag, and missing the comforts of home.

But I also understand how amazing it can be. And how no amount of money can replace the personal understanding and growth you experience. I’ve tasted the humility that comes when welcomed in to a home that is only slightly bigger than your own bedroom. I’ve watched as individuals with less than able bodies crawl, scoot, shuffle and smile their way through each day.

I’ve seen individuals beaming with pride from having accomplished something they never thought possible. I’ve felt that almost indescribable feeling of joy you feel while witnessing others overcome their circumstance bit by bit. I’ve experienced priceless moments and built friendships to last a life time.

I’ve been deeply touched and forever changed by my volunteer experiences and know you can too.

Learn more about session dates here
Sign up for our Newsletter here (make sure to choose Volunteer and Newsletter as "interest")



More about our Volunteer Program Manager
Ashley spent a year in India with Rising Star Outreach and is excited to continue to work with Rising Star back home in the states. Ashley is passionate about international health and development.
Questions about the Volunteer Program?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

recent posts

Twitter

Amazon Smile